Join a business that’s changing the online content industry! Editorial storytelling is a key driver of member engagement, loyalty and delight in our fast-growing subscription content business. Working closely with a team of Managing Editors and both in-house and freelance writers and photographers, the Associate Editor will advance team goals by planning, coordinating, editing and publishing a high volume of daily written and multimedia content. Topics may include a range of lifestyle passions and pursuits, from quilting and painting to writing and meditation.
- Support Managing Editors in calendar planning, assigning stories and organizing workflows
- Proofread and line-edit a high volume of articles daily
- Write articles, captions and promotional modules as needed
- Manage contracts for a large stable of editorial freelancers (both writers and visual creatives)
- Work fluently in our CMS and serve as one of the organization’s knowledge-holders in this area
- Collaborate with Merchandise and Product teams to ensure a smooth publishing workflow
- Collaborate with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to coordinate sharing of editorial assets
- Consistently invest time in studying the cultural and industry trends affecting our business.
• Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
● Strong editorial instinct and established skills in writing and editing, demonstrated via samples of finished work (published or passion project)
● Proofreading experience
● Experience providing feedback to writers
● Strong brand sensibilities, or the desire to learn in this area
● Strong visual sensibilities, or the desire to learn in this area
● Knowledge of basic SEO principles and best practices
● Basic HTML knowledge
● Ability to manage a demanding workload and meet deadlines under pressure
● Curiosity, humor and passion to help build something new
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.