3D Senior Animation Artists
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary and The Get Down .
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
The 3D Animator reports to the Animation Supervisor. Responsibilities:
- Realistic creature and character animation
- Ensuring animation meets production deadlines
- Ensuring animation meets quality standards
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures
- Work within assigned hours and deadlines.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience animating in MAYA
- Senior level experience animating creatures, characters, quadrupeds and hard body.
- Senior level experience with character performance & facial animation
- Senior level knowledge of physics and anatomy as it pertains to animation
- Past experience within a VFX Pipeline (live action)
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Experience working in a high pace environment.
- Experience mentoring junior artists
- Able to manage up to 5 artists
- Must showcase up-to-date reel demonstrating 3D animation ability as outlined.
375 Water Street, Vancouver, BC
Wage Range: $48.08 - 63.00