CG Environment Artist
Contract Type: Employee, Freelance
- 2+ years production experience using 3d packages like Maya, 3dsMax or Houdini in film/commercials
- interest in creating worlds and environments, photoreal and stylized
- good understanding of nature (rocks, trees, greens, and atmosphere)
- 2D software basics in Photoshop and a Compositing Tool (Nuke)
- knowledge of environment tools like Clarisse, Speedtree, terrain generators, scatter tools
photography experience preferred
- being able to develop concepts/lookdev studies on environments and assets
- practice in photogrammetry
- practice of mattepainting and camera projection techniques
experience in Z-Brush, Substance, Mari is a plus
- A demo reel showing a strong sense of composition, light, and color
- Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge
- Follow creative & technical briefs with regard to the production schedule and set milestones
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network. We are recruiting for key positions in our Frankfurt office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and international environment.
You know what to do. And you know what you need to do now and what you can do later. You know if it needs a bandage or a cure. And you know what’s going to happen after you’re done with it.
Creativity and Curiosity.
You’re smart, but flexible. You’re open to considering the other perspective, and sometimes you have the responsibility to come up with it. You don’t just “do your thing”. You’re interested in how other people are doing “their things” too, and how all of those “things” can be done better.
You understand the people you work with are as important as you, and believe that what’s good for the company and good for the project, are likely what’s good for you too. You listen to what other people are saying and understand it. You can communicate well with others in writing and in person because you know you’re not alone.
Courage, Passion, and Honesty.
You don’t do something wrong simply because you “were told to” and aren’t afraid to speak up respectfully when it’s important. We want everything to be the best it can be, and you do too. You take risks and responsibility in proportional measure, and you’re reliable. When you say it’ll be done, it gets done, and when you said it would.