At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Generalist (Technical Animation / Crowds) works closely with Modeling, Rigging, Texturing, Lighting and Production to help ensure that all aspects of the asset creation process come together seamlessly and efficiently.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Generalist (Technical Animation / Crowds) to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete assigned crowd animations including the creation and maintenance of the animation cycles library
- Prepare crowd characters to meet the necessary technical requirements of Maya and Golaem crowd software
- Work with CG Artists to final assets for animation production
- Check all assets for consistency and adhere to pipeline standards such as: naming conventions, node hierarchies, file directory hierarchy and overall QC
- Responsible for bringing parallel asset creation files together into final complete assets, apply shader networks to final finals and cleaning final files to ensure they work as efficiently as possible
- Review and provide noted direction on assets created by our Partner Studio(s) and ensure they align with the technical specifications of the series
- Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software
- Collaborate with the Leads and Artists in other CG disciplines to help establish processes and pipeline integration during the course of RnD, prebuild for new shows and existing show production
● Ability to create walk cycles and background crowd animation on tight deadlines
● Understanding of the CG Pipeline
● Strong knowledge of Maya as well as Golaem Crowd software or comparable crowd package
● Scripting ability in Python
● Fundamental generalist skills for troubleshooting and identifying problems with files
● Prior experience working in a fast paced production environment
● Creative problem solving and adaptability skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
● At least 3 years of professional experience working within a 3D production pipeline
● At least 1 year of experience in technical animation, character rigging and/or technical direction in television animation, feature animation, VFX and/or video games
● Knowledge of Vray rendering software is preferred
● Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
● Experience working with Partner Studio(s) is a plus
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.