Framestore is a global leader in visual effects and computer graphics, having won every major industry award; including an Oscar and BAFTA for the film ‘Gravity’.
The Rendering team develops and supports the software used for rendering our production quality visual effects, including our in-house renderer, state-of-the-art shader libraries and artist focused rendering tools that are used globally across all of Framestore’s film projects.
We’re looking for a Mid-level Engineer to join and help take on new and upcoming production challenges. The Role
Our in-house renderer ‘freak’ is developed to generate production quality visual effects for feature films. Developed by a dedicated team of engineers in collaboration with the Shading department and production, Freak has proven a great success delivering our first batch of projects, and we are looking to build upon, strengthen and improve the technology.
Working within the Freak team, you will be responsible for:
- Design, programming, testing and deployment of software to the production environment.
- Develop tools to profile and improve the efficiency of our various technologies within the Rendering team.
- Implementation of new features, with a focus on scalable, robust, high performance code.
- Maintain and deploy compilers, tooling and open source software.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Proficient in C/C++, with a good understanding of algorithms and data structures from a performance and memory standpoint, profiling and version control.
- Experience in software development in a Linux environment.
- Proficient in Python.
- Knowledge of systems-programming, networking, and shell-scripting.
- Experience of front-end UI development in Qt, with a keen eye for data visualisation and user-experience.
/privacy-policy. If you do not consent for your data to be used in this way then please do not continue with your application.