Production Engineering is after a smart and keen software developer to work in a team on all aspects of our in-house review tool HiDef.
HiDef, Weta Digital’s in-house review tool, is pivotal to Weta Digital’s success. Used across the facility, HiDef is used in dailies, rounds and client reviews to provide feedback to artists and allows clients to provide feedback to us.
HiDef includes features such as high quality video playback, syncing playback across multiple instances, annotations and manipulation of video frames and integration into Weta Digital’s production tracking system.
If you have the proven ability to implement robust solutions with a clear UX across a complete stack from backend server APIs to frontend UI we want to talk to you!We seek a collaborative, clever thinker with the following skills:
- Objective-C or C/C++ with complementary scripting experience (preferably Python).
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- GUI development
- Experience with database design
- Comfortable working on MacOS
- Delight in a fast paced, constantly evolving workplace
- Experience with video decoding, playback and colour
- Backend development on Linux
- VFX experience
Location: Wellington - New Zealand