Platform Operations at Dreamworks Animation is a cross-functional team with involvement in all aspects of application design, roll out, implementation, and support. The Project Manager will be responsible for formulating and driving the delivery of internal and external facing projects as well as coordinating with various stakeholders to ensure project viability. In this position, you will have the opportunity to help streamline and put structure around delivery of projects ranging from a few weeks to a year and covering the breadth of technical disciplines from Infrastructure to Services.RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
● Independently and actively manage all aspects of engineering related projects: scope, issues/risks, schedule, budget, quality, communication, team and client relationships on a daily basis
● Prioritize tasks and follow up to ensure they are completed in a timely manner
● Make or facilitate timely decisions to ensure project success
● Conduct ongoing project status meetings with project team and key stakeholders
● Ensure projects are completed according to the project plan and in accordance with the SDLC norms
● Monitor project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with team members
● Assist in improving software implementation process and aid in the development, enforcement and documentation of ‘best practices’
● Work closely with both business and technical teams on an ongoing basis to ensure project requirements are clearly defined, met and understood
● Oversee the development of project deliverables and ensure they are aligned with project goals
● Independently and actively manage Platform Service Operation team’s 18 months Roadmap and regularly engage and work with managers during quarterly planning, maintenance and VP and above reporting phasesQualifications/Requirements
● 2-3 years of experience in a technology oriented project management role
● Experienced in process and implementation management in a technology company
● Deep understanding of project management concepts, methodologies and practices
● Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills conducive to team development; able to work well in cross-functional teams
● Able to effectively manage resources, track and complete projects before scheduled deadlines
● Proven ability to multi-task with high attention to detail
● Knowledge of technology and understanding of PaaS, DevOps, Databases, Software Engineering, Big Data and Analytics within the context of managing related projects at a technical level
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience
● PMP Certification is a plus, Scrum Master Certification and Agile PM practical experience highly desirable
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.