At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Animation Supervisor works closely with the VP, Animation Production, Global VFX Supervisor, CG Animation Director and show Creative Leadership to maintain the established Animation style of the show. The Animation Supervisor assesses scripts and storyboards to ensure they align with our CG production pipeline and guides the filmmaking, continuity, and staging of each segment, ensuring that all deliverables align with the production’s schedule, technical specifications, and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Animation Supervisor to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide and inspire the team during initial animation handouts to our Partner Studio(s)
- Work with the Partner Studio(s) Animation team to uphold the established style of the show through the series
- Attend meetings early in the process (board pitches, animatic reviews, etc.) to understand the episode’s direction and requirements prior to animation beginning to ensure that the creative vision is achieved across the series
- Work with our centralized in-house CG team to ensure character rigs meet the needs of the show
- Collaborate with Partner Studio(s) to maintain pose libraries for episodic characters
- Responsible for delivery of BG reference to our Partner Studio(s) indicating shot setup, including area of the set to be used, camera, character, and prop positions
- Maintain active involvement throughout the design process to ensure designs meet the needs of the series
- Collaborate with the show specific CG Team to ensure the creative vision of the series is upheld
- Review episodic animation at all stages of production and provide feedback and noted direction to Animators and Partner Studio(s)
- Responsible for ensuring animation notes are provided via Shotgun and create any layout, key poses, and drawover notes necessary to enable Partner Studio(s) to complete the segment
● Expert knowledge of Maya
● Possess solid technical expertise and understanding of models and rigs
● Strong character performance aesthetic
● Ability to review and provide direction for cloth and hair sims
● Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong team player who genuinely enjoys working with and inspiring others and possesses a desire to lead
● Ability to work in a high-pressure environment under tight deadlines
● Ability to travel to international Partner Studio(s)
● At least 5 years of experience in animation
● Television animation experience strongly preferred
● Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
● Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.