Reporting to the Model or Texture Lead and to the CG Supervisor (per project), the Texture Artist will create textures as assigned by the CG Supervisor. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create textures as assigned by Supervisor.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensure all working files are efficiently organized and that all work complies with Method’s technical standards and specifications.
- Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring textures created are accurate and effective.
- Fully comprehend the requirements of the designs thereby creating textures true to the approved concept and direction.
- Create and modify textures by following the creative direction of the production.
- Interact with production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism in good humour
- Report technical problems and potential problems to Supervisors in a timely fashion.
- 2+ years Texturing experience
- Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation
- Knowledge of Maya
- Proficiency in Mari and Photoshop
- Mudbox, Zbrush and substance painter/designer knowledge is a plus
- Technical understanding of colour space
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent file management skills.
- Good communication skills