A Department TD provides critical support to a show's artists and department heads. A Technical Director will develop, design, and implement new tools and processes for a particular show, project or department.
- Communicate with artists to identify production facing problems
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technical artists, supervisors, engineers, and other technical directors to break down issues into external requests and design challenges
- Engineer robust and thoughtful software solutions that follow studio policies and standards
- Build validation tests to ensure software quality
- Provide support and development of existing software and procedures to extend and enhance the existing pipeline
- Develop change management plans for rolling out software
- Clearly and concisely document software and approaches to solving recurring problems
- Possible areas of support include: services-based infrastructure, pipeline software, third-party applications, fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering
- Assist in training and mentoring of new Technical Directors
• Strong programming skills; Object Oriented Programming
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision
• Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups
• Experience with industry standard computer graphics applications (software such as Maya, Houdini)
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry
• Proficiency in Python
• Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.