Weta Digital is seeking multiple Simulation Researchers at all levels to join our Simulation Department. We are seeking highly motivated candidates who can fulfill the following requirements:Responsibilities:
- Work within a team of leading experts to develop state-of-the-art simulation software for visual effects like water, fire, fluids, muscle, cloth, hair, and plants.
- Adapt the latest research results into practical, production quality code
- Implement core computational algorithms with a focus on high performance, multi-threading, distributed computing, large scalability and robustness
- Analyse and optimize system performance
- Improve and maintain existing code to improve quality, reliability and maintainability
- Proactively test new and existing features to ensure the highest levels of quality
- Provide hands on user support. Find and fix bugs. Author high quality internal and end user documentation
- Planning and tracking development tasks, engaging with users, and collaborating with other departments
- Design and implement physically realistic material models
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Physics, Applied Mathematics or a related field.
- Solid understand of, and experience with, numerical techniques for solving PDEs and linear systems.
- Extensive expertise in software engineering
- Proven simulation research expertise
- 4+ years of experience with C++ development.
- Experience in performance analysis and optimization of highly parallel, scalable systems
- Ability to work well on a self-directed team in a rapidly changing, deadline oriented environment
- A basic understanding of computer graphics and physics based animation/simulation
- Experience in software development for visual effects or the gaming industry.
- GPU compute programming expertise and experience with interactive rendering algorithms
- Experience in designing algorithms for MPI based applications
- Familiarity with tools and libraries such as Valgrind, tbb, boost, OpenVDB, Vtune, git, JIRA etc
- Maya, Houdini or similar SDK expertise.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!
Location: Wellington - New Zealand