Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
What part will you play?
NetherRealm Studios seeks an Assistant Producer to be responsible for overseeing specific aspects of development on one or more projects as determined by the Producer. This position supports producers and assists the team by managing and executing a variety of tasks related to the development of assigned projects or functional groups, from concept to release. Typical tasks include: leading a small strike team, scheduling and tracking team member tasks and assets, reporting status, identifying and reporting risks, assisting in ensuring adherence to schedules, coordinating with resources throughout the organization and/or third party vendors to ensure successful completion of assigned projects, working within production budget. Understands how own work fits into and impacts the project cycle. Contributes and shares ideas / competitive practices. Responsibilities
- Make sure that team goals are being met.
- Make sure that game goals and features agreed determined by the Senior Producer are being met.
- Help identify process and pipelines needed between the various disciplines of team.
- Work with specific disciplines on resolving blocking issues.
- Edit game data, including localization, as needed.
- Provide regularly scheduled communications with the team members.
- Provide clear, concise communication to the Producer as well as all team members.
- Communicating and documenting project goals and status for outside management and partners.
- Manage team member schedules.
- Manage initiatives as necessary.
- Manage relationship and delivery schedule with outsourcers related to various disciplines.
- Writing and editing media correspondence and PR requests.
- Managing and wrangling assets for marketing campaigns.
- PR Interviews or events as appropriate.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 1 year experience working as an Assistant Producer or Production Coordinator.
- Experience in the video game industry, with at least one shipped title, strongly preferred.
- Experience with outsourcing strongly desired.
- Strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and an understanding of team dynamics.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong interest in games.
- Good technical understanding of games and technology.
- An understanding of mobile game development.
- Understanding of handheld and portable platforms, including iOS and Android.
- The ability to complete multiple concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Experience with project management and bug tracking software and techniques.
- Has a good understanding of scheduling and the product development cycle (overall organization, processes and workflows).
- Basic understanding of production methodologies.
- Customer-driven, can-do attitude a must!
- Team player, positive attitude and ability to remain cool under pressure.
- Willing to assist in areas outside of department to help the project.
- Capable of nurturing conflict resolutions.