I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘Privacy Settings’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘Jobs by email’ then choose ‘Remove this job alert email’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We have a very exciting and rare opportunity for a talented individual to join our experienced team.
Funko Animation Studios are an awarding winning animation production company based in the heart of Bath; we produce work of the very highest calibre. In recent years Funko has become established as a global pop culture phenomenon; working with Lucas Films, Marvel, Disney, DC Comics, Warner Bros, and Microsoft, the animated content produced at Funko Animation Studios in Bath heralds a new era of original Funko animation.
We are looking for a Technical Director to work in our busy team. Previous experience in animation is essential; The ideal candidate would come into this role with a thorough understanding of basic animation pipelines and workflow.
The role is offered on a permanent, in-house, full-time contract basis with an immediate start. The Technical Director will report to our in-house Company Executives.
We produce content across a range of animation styles with a well-established CG unit and emerging 2D team. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, organised, able to use their initiative and generally make themselves indispensable in this fast-paced and rewarding environment.
The ideal candidate’s skillset will include:
• 3 years of tool programming experience.
• 3 years of experience with Animation Pipeline
• Experience with Shotgun (web & toolkit)
• Experience with Maya, MEL and Python
You will also be able to:
• Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance pipeline.
• Propose, design, implement, test, and support extensions to existing pipelines.
• Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots. Issues may include finding solutions for fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
• Support and work with multiple departments, including Modelling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
• Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and be an adept problem solver with the ability to:
• Be able to work alone and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadlines.
• Must possess good problem‐solving skills in a fast-paced working environment.
• Have an excellent eye for detail, with great attention to quality and finish.
• Have good time management skills, with efficient development processes and techniques, with the ability to apply said techniques to effectively fulfil schedules and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non‐technical individuals.
If you fit this description we’d love to hear from you, please send across you showreel, and a copy of your CV with a suitable cover letter to: Apply
*Please note candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to work in-house at our main studio located in central Bath.
If your application does not fulfil the specified criteria, it will be disregarded. NO TIMEWASTERS.
START DATE – ASAP
SALARY – DOE
CONTRACT – Permanent