Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Quality Assurance Lead for the WBG San Francisco Production department.
What part will you play?
As a QA Lead, you must be an expert in gray-box and black-box testing techniques, preferably in the mobile gaming space. Not only are you a rockstar tester, you have the leadership chops to manage and mentor Game Testers to achieve absolute quality at each stage of the development cycle.
You will work closely with the rest of the game team, communicating issues directly to Producers, Software Engineers, Designers and Artists. As an integral part of the team, you will champion the culture of Quality, author meaningful test plans, recommend process improvements, and own the bug database.
- Prioritize, assign and delegate tasks to QA testers on a daily basis.
- Find, research and report bugs in Jira.
- Author and maintain game specific test plans & test cases based off of product backlogs & design specs.
- Monitor execution of test cases and bug activity by QA testers.
- Clearly communicated overall health of the product to key stakeholders via status updates.
- Create, scope and cost testing tasks during sprint planning meetings.
- Create detailed reports on project status and product health.
- Be the ambassador of quality in all aspects of the product.
What do we require from you?
- Shipped at least 2 mobile games as a QA Lead or QA Manager, preferably iOS & Android.
- 4+ years of experience in Video Games Quality Assurance, preferably in mobile.
- 2+ years of managing or supervising direct reports.
- Expert in authoring test cases, test plans and QA documents.
- Expert at exploratory and creative testing.
- Knowledge with Jira as an admin.
- Familiarity with mobile F2P games.
- Nice to have: Programming or scripting knowledge.
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Charles Proxy or Wireshark.
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Xcode, Unity and Jenkins.