Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
What part will you play?
Netherrealm Studio, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Mid-level Artist/Animator to work closely with the lead animators to maintain and create high quality animations for both real time in game movement and pre-rendered animatics, as well as knowledge and skills to operate motion capture sessions. Assists leads in helping define process and pipelines along with aesthetic goals in conjunction with operating and helping capture and solve motion capture data.
- Responsible for animating 3D character models in a realistic game, including working with motion capture data, hand key frame animations and facial/lip synch animations.
- Responsible for operating the Optitrack mocap system as well as ability to assist cleaning data in Motive.
- Participates in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and define the look and feel of areas and characters.
- Animation Bug fixing.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum of 2-year 2D/3D art degree with an emphasis in character keyframe animation or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years game industry experience or related entertainment industry experience.
- Proven Key Framing Knowledge and Skill set.
- Worked with Motion Capture Data, operated or been involved in mocap sessions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software but Primarily Motion Builder (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Vicon Blade, Optitrack Motive etc.).
- Ability to learn new tools quickly and to train on new mocap software.
- Highly organized. Ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with others at all levels on the team.
- Familiar with the Unreal Engine.