As a Junior Designer at TT Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. you will gain valuable experience of working in a AAA games company supporting the design team in producing game design documents. You will be a passionate individual who takes your career in game design seriously. You are ambitious to see your designs played and enjoyed by millions of people. You will need to be extremely creative, but also able to apply logic and analytical thought to the medium. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, and take pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition over the development process. With an understanding of game mechanics, you will be adept at using creating, refining and testing the underlying core gameplay systems.Main Responsibilities
Reporting to the Game Director and Assistant Game Director the role will involve:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Liaising with the Game Director to ensure asset requests are entered into the Game Planner.
- Working with the design team to help design and implement content
- Implement, test and balance gameplay.
- Working with Game Director to write and edit in game dialogue.
- Placement of incidental gameplay objects.
- Implementation within various game content.
- Integration of dialogue within the game.
- Liaising with other dev team departments in relation to game content.
About TT Games
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Solid understanding of game editing tools and software.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Previous design experience is desired however not essential.
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.