TT Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. are looking for a Senior Network Programmer to join our Game Technology team. The Game Technology team is part of the Engine Room Department, and is responsible for creating and maintaining the nuts and bolts that glue our award winning games together.
As a Senior Network Programmer on the team, you will be working with every platform conceivable, from hand-held devices, through desktop computers to consoles both current and next generation. Because of this, you will be using a wide variety of development environments and programming languages and tackling technical challenges of every sort.
You will be working with all the internal development departments in TT Games Studios; the game programmers, low level renderer programmers, artists and designers who produce the amazing content that makes our games alive, the production team who manage the process and the publishers who get our games out to the public. You will also liaise with platform holders to resolve technical challenges and overcome any submission problems that come with the fast pace of the console and handheld market.
You will be expected to get involved with all aspects of the code base to ensure each programming department works effectively together. You will need to have experience with working with large code bases and be able to understand other people’s code quickly. You will be an experienced and passionate individual who takes your career in programming seriously. You will also be able to communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing, and take pride in seeing your ideas come to fruition over the development process. A self-starter, you will be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
This role is for a senior network specialist to work on our online multiplayer technology.The ideal candidate will have:
A strong candidate will also have one or more of the following:
- Experience of low level socket based network game programming.
- Familiarity with online game techniques for matchmaking, error handling and reliability, network topology, object replication and prediction and client security.
- Experience with online hosting providers such as; Amazon Aws (Gamelift), Multiplay, Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with online/web technologies such as endpoints (REST).
- Demonstrable games industry experience including several shipped titles.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Math or Physics or related subject (2.i or above) or equivalent experience.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- A structured approach to programming with the desire to write clean, well commented, documented and maintainable code.
- A positive can-do attitude with the ability to get things done.
Personal Skills / Requirements:
- Experience programming consoles at a low-level on PS4, Xbox One, Switch or PC.
- Understanding of machine architecture.
- Strong 3D Math skills.
- Strong debugging skills in a multi-threaded / multi-core environment.
- The ability to analyse and optimise algorithms for efficiency.
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Java.
About TT Games Studios
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Highly self-motivated and show initiative.
- Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction and to collaborate productively with others.
- Exceptional eye for detail and drive for quality.
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games Studios is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our