Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
What part will you play?
Monolith Productions, a division of WB games Inc., seeks a passionate and creative Advanced Concept Artist to work directly with the Director of Art in the development of industry leading environment focused concept artist. The Advanced Concept Artist will interface with the Design Leadership, studio Concept Artists, and Content Leads to help develop overall visual style of studio projects. The Advanced Concept Artist will have outstanding fundamental traditional fine art skills with a deep understanding of modern concept art software/tools. The Advanced Concept Artist is responsible for generating a variety of industry leading AAA key art illustrations, environment concepts, matte paintings, industrial design imagery, and graphic design/UI imagery to aid in the artistic development of a given project. Additionally, the Advanced Concept Artist will have excellent illustration skills with an ability to create a variety of marketing materials within established studio brands and beyond. The Advanced Concept artist will be a student of pop culture trends across the entertainment industry. They will be fluent in a variety of artistic styles with a sharp focus on creating realistic concept art.
What do we require from you?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years working as a Concept Artist or Illustrator.
- 3 AAA shipped titles as Senior or Advanced Concept Artist.
- 1 AAA shipped Current Gen title desired.
- Exceptional foundation art skills.
- Industry leading understanding of geography, geology, terrain, flora with an ability to render realistic environment concepts.
- Industry leading understanding of a variety of architectural styles throughout history with an application to architectural studies/concepts.
- Industry leading understanding of color theory, value structure, and lighting fundamentals with an application to both character and environment concept art.
- Industry leading understanding of material definition with an ability to render highly realistic materials as needed.
- Strong understanding of industrial design with an application in describing function and form.
- Strong understanding of modern matte painting techniques
- Strong understanding of modern pop culture trends within the entertainment industry with an ability to successfully apply to concept art and product style.
- Strong understanding of human and anatomy with an ability to render realistic female and male in illustrative imagery.
- Solid understanding of animal anatomy with an ability to render realistic animal and creature concepts.
- Solid understanding of costume design throughout human history with a focus on the medieval timeframe.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High capacity to learn new concept art tools and techniques to help increase quality and efficiency of concept art team.
- Must be an expert in industry standard 2D applications such as Photoshop, Painter, Illustrator etc.
- Strong understanding of 3D applications such as Zbrush, Maya/Max, Modo.
- Basic understanding of motion graphic software such as After Effects and Premier.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating industry leading concept art/illustration skills.