Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Monolith a subsidiary of WB Games Inc. seeks a Lead Artist, Facial Animator who has a passion for creating facial animation performances and organizing a team to ensure project goals are met. Candidate will be responsible for leading a team of facial animators in establishing, maintaining and continually improving the quality of facial animations for systemic in game presentations and real-time cinematics. The Lead Artist, Facial Animator will work closely with the Directors of Art, Animation Director, Realization, Department Leads and other key stakeholders to ensure that both the aesthetic quality and content creation efficiency is maintained at the highest level. Candidate will be well versed in the nuances of facial performance, animation principles, facial capture pipeline and associated art tools. Candidate will be responsible for coordinating with a team of artists, to complete high quality Facial animation content. The Lead Artist, Facial Animator will regularly attend cross discipline meeting and discussions to obtain a deep understanding of project goals and dependencies. Candidate will participate in regular reviews with the Facial Animation team and Directors to help maintain consistency and quality of facial animations across entire project. Additionally, The Lead Artist, Facial Animator is responsible for researching, developing, and recommending new art/tech to help push the studio quality bar of all facial animation content forward.
What part will you play?
- Work with Director of Art, Director of Technical Art, and Engineering staff to continue to develop an efficient, scalable toolset that delivers facial animation at the highest quality possible.
- Create high quality facial animations for in-game presentations and real time cinematics.
- Work with Production on project dependencies, scheduling and management of scope capacity for the Facial Animation Team.
- Regularly attend cross discipline meeting to understand project goals and dependent partners needs.
- Review project specific face animations across all in game presentation systems on a regular basis to ensure optimal implementation and high quality output.
What do we require from you?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years working as an animator in the entertainment industry with a focus on facial animation
- 3+ years as an animation lead or equivalent leadership role.
- At least 3 shipped AAA titles.
- Experience in mocap animation pipelines.
- Experience working in modern facial animation pipelines
- At least 8+ years’ experience with industry standard 3-D animation package (3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, and Maya)
- Deep understanding of FACS based animation analysis and implementation (Example Faceware).
- Strong understanding of facial likeness capture and scan processes including light stage, photogrammetry, HMC and hybrid approaches.
- Deep knowledge of facial topology, anatomy and rigging solutions to best support both automated and individually authored performances.