Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Can you instinctively create order out of chaos? Are you good at making everybody feel they’re on the winning side? And how do you like the idea of using your talents at the company that brought you Star Wars? If you have the knack for keeping many balls in play and have a passion for VFX technology, the Associate Technology Project Manager at Industrial Light and Magic might be just the job you.
You’d be part of a team whose mission is to help manage global tech projects across the company’s four studios.Think of the role as a facilitator between our artists and technologists, who work symbiotically to create ILM’s award-winning visual effects. If this sounds good, please apply today!ABOUT THE TEAM
Today, 80+ visually-minded software engineers work side-by-side with over a thousand digital artists in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative, creatively driven film production environment across studios in San Francisco, Singapore, Vancouver and London.
With over 40 years of experience, ILM is the best in the business, but we’re never content with the status quo. With a full slate of upcoming movies, we have the ambition to improve everything we do.
- Develop ever more powerful tools and production techniques that push the bounds of visual complexity and cinematic fidelity, and continue to create images no one has seen before.
- Improve our most powerful artist tools so they’re easier to learn and easier to use.
- Modernize our core infrastructure, and increase the throughput of our global compute and storage processes.
- Help coordinate with stakeholders and product owners to find out what features are a priority, then take their ideas to the engineers to figure out feasibility;
- Harness your inner diplomat to find solutions that make everybody feel they’re winning;
- Map out and keep track of the nuts-and-bolts of a new technology, including milestones, timelines and costs;
- There will constantly be competing priorities, so you’ll use your tact to find new ways to say “yes, but…”;
- Play gatekeeper to the technologists so they can focus on their work, instead of spending time fielding requests for new features;
- Make sure all technologies are billed to the correct projects
- Enjoy the perks that come from working for The Walt Disney Company, including discounts, Parks passes, screenings and much more!
Education / Experience
- 1–3 years project/production management or coordination experience in VFX production, gaming, software development, or a related ecosystem.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Hands-on practical knowledge of different project management methodologies and tools -- experience managing Agile software development would be a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: this job is as much about people as it is about process, so your ability to really listen and understand what people want/need will be key.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can get ideas across in a clear and concise manner.
- Creativity to see and solve problems, and the confidence to speak up and stand behind your ideas.
- A true collaborative spirit, readiness to trust others -- and have them trust you.
- Kindness, empathy, and nearly limitless patience when engineers and artists and are competing for your attention!