Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
CROWD SUPERVISOR JOB SUMMARY
The Crowd Supervisor is responsible for studio wide management of the crowd department, leading teams of TD’s and coordinating with all levels of production RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Collaborate and communicate with Supervisors and Producers in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline and problem solve if any issues for feature film development.
- On-going communication with artists, leads, production and supervisor regarding schedules, deadlines and shot/sequence feedback; attend all relevant meetings on shots, sequences and production.
- Training of junior TD’s and Generalists in crowd specific pipeline disciplines
- Supervise motion capture sessions where necessary for show and studio motion libraries
- Develop pipeline tools and workflows for crowds at both show and studio levels
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- Minimum 4 years crowd experience in a feature production setting
- Experience with Massive required
- Maya knowledge required
- Experience with other Maya based crowd simulation tools preferred (Miarmy, Golaem)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong troubleshooting/problem solving ability
- Understanding of all parts of post production pipeline with a focus on Animation/rigging
- Motionbuilder desired
- Max Knowledge desired
- Python / C++ experience desired
+Dental InsuranceHOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.