Home to exceptional artists and technologists, Method Studios is an award-winning global VFX company working with top creators on features, episodic, advertising, and immersive experiences. Its network of integrated facilities in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, Montreal, New York, Melbourne, Pune, and Atlanta provides a full range of services including conceptual design, pre-vis, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, motion graphics, matte painting, compositing, and finishing; and through Method EXP, end-to-end and a la carte AR and VR services.
Method Studios is currently in search of a Houdini FX Artist to join the 3D animation team.
The Houdini FX artist will design and animate high quality, photo-real effects (dust, fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the assigned project.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated team player who is looking to advance his/her career in Feature and Commercial VFX.
Responsibilities and Duties
- working within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks
- integrating created elements into scenes with lighting, shadows, reflections, etc.
- working closely with Lighting Artist and Compositors to ensure all effects will work smoothly within the show pipeline
- producing look-tests based on provided reference materials
- minimum 3 years proficiency in using Houdini
- bachelor's degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts, or equivalent production experience
- decent experience using Nuke
- knowledge of any and/or all of the following:
- rigid body and particle dynamics
- volume modeling and rendering
- procedural geometry generation
- fluid dynamics
- strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- experience with one or more other professional software packages, such as Maya, a plus
- proficiency in shading and rendering techniques, ideally both Mantra and Renderman
- scripting proficiency using Python, a plus
- strong technical knowledge and organizational skills
- good communication skills and able to take exact direction from show leads and FX TDs