Provides overall general production assistance to the Prod Coord, TV, Prod Sup, TV and/or Production Manager, TVandcrew.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Production Assistant to join its team based in Glendale, California.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for various daily office activities: schedules meetings, books rooms, prepares materials for shipment, types up notes and distributes accordingly, distributes and collects timecards for the department, orders office supplies, and runs errands.
- Work with design and asset teams to ensure that assets are ready for Animation.
- Awareness of work in progress on the show.
- Partner with FX, Lighting and Comp team to ensure that all effects, lighting and comp work are completed and notes are distributed.
- Prepare, file and distribute notes for Animation.
- Work with partner studios to facilitate the transfer of assets and animation sequences between sites and ensure that files are properly logged and filed.
- Assist the Prod Coord, TVto ensure digital files are properly updated and task lists are maintained
- Facilitate communication with partner studios.
- When Prod Coord, TV is not available, take notes at storyboard and animatic pitches
- Acts as a secondary contact for questions when the Prod Sup, TV and/or Prod Coord, TV are unavailable.
- Maintains a professional demeanor with artists and production.
- Willing to take on new challenges in order to have a more detailed knowledge of the department and pipeline.
- Software requirements: Maya, Microsoft Word and Excel, Gmail and knowledge of production tracking databases.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 1 year of previous TV animation production experience or internship experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.