The Marketing Specialist position is responsible for working with key NBCUniversal News Group stakeholders, internally and externally, to market and increase national sales of TODAY and Apply
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Network Partnership in the NBC News Group.
- Sales Collateral and Materials: Create, develop and manage the portfolio of sales materials for TODAY: sales presentations (one sheets and customized,) sponsorship calendars, client timelines, show clips, email blasts, etc.
- Internal Communication/Facilitation: Responsible for working on RFP and proactive marketing requests and liaising with all appropriate internal groups including Sales, Production Assistants and Scheduling Producers, Segment and Senior Producers, Ad Ops, and Pricing and Planning to facilitate efficient and transparent communication.
- Post-Sale Execution: Work in collaboration with team’s Managers and Directors on post-sale execution of marketing activations across TODAY broadcast, digital and social. Keep up-to-date materials such as timelines and activation rundown documents. Join and contribute to project status calls and production meetings. Oversee all asset requests, such as billboard materials and props.
- Results Reporting and Renewals: Manage the post-sell process (recap presentations, clips, and digital links) to showcase program results and work with the sales team to refine and enhance concepts driving cross and renewal and incremental opportunities.
- Training and Education: Assist in mentoring team’s junior members such as Pages or Interns and foster their growth within the News Org.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of experience at an agency, media company, and/or sales organization
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Highly innovative and motivated with positive energy
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and social media platforms
• Excellent writing skills including presentation development
• Understanding or awareness of advertising within all platforms of the News media space
• Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.