DNEG’s Feature Animation department rely on our experienced lighters to light and composite shots and shot groups for our animated films. You will have the ability to take creative direction to set the mood and look for animated sequences. Tasked with bringing shots from lighting production through to finalising on schedule, you will troubleshoot noises, render times and memory usage in a modern path-tracing rendered.
Working as a team, you’ll use modern lighting and compositing tools to create beautiful work, maintaining consistency across all shots.
- Previous high-end experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of sequence-based lighting
- Strong knowledge of node-based lighting and compositing tools and path-trace rendering
- Strong knowledge of ligh ting and compositing techniques
- Familiarity with feature animatio n pipelines and pipeline issues
- Strong grasp of artisti c principles, and cg techniques
- Demonstrable experience in shot lighting and compositing
Nice to Have
- A showreel featuring feature animation work
- Team oriented.
- Courteous and helpful.
- Able to take direction.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.