London PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.
We do not currently have openings available for the position of Environment Supervisor, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
The Environment Supervisor oversees the creation of our digital environments. You will report to the Visual Effects Supervisor and Digital Supervisor and are responsible for establishing the look of the environments in the film in accordance with the VFX and DFX supervisors’ creative direction, and maintaining high-quality standards.
The Environment Supervisor works with the Environments/Generalist team to establish a best practice workflow for efficient Environment creation, including render testing, optimizing, and publishing environments to the pipeline for shot propagation. You will be working closely with other department supervisors to ensure a clear delivery of all work between departments, and will be working hand in hand with production to define delivery schedules and milestones. The Environment Supervisors will be responsible for the artistic and technical quality of the output from their team, and delegating work effectively.
- Experience as an Environment Supervisor, with proven capability in managing and delivering complex Environment requirements
- Significant experience within VFX feature films, a thorough understanding of the VFX pipeline
- Proven team leader with strong motivational qualities
- Strong communication skills
- High-level knowledge of relevant VFX packages and software
- Thorough understanding of 3D and 2.5D VFX processes and production pipelines
- Strong working knowledge of a range of VFX industry software, including Maya, Mari and Nuke.
- High-level experience modelling, texturing, layout, lighting and digital matte painting
- Good understanding of compositing
- Experience developing concept art into photo-real environments
- Experience with procedural city/terrain generation and scattering tools an advantage
- Experience working with shoot data including photographic and reference data, HDRIs,
photogrammetry and Lidar
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the natural world (geology, geography and meteorology) and architecture (design and engineering)
Nice to Have
- Previous experience managing a department
- Passionate about film and Environments
- A team leader, approachable and personable
- A team player and clear communicator
- Strategically minded
- Smart, and detail-oriented
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.