Description About Us
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai and Montreal.
Since the opening of our first studio in London in 1998 we’ve always focused on building close working relationships with filmmakers. We thrive on the collaboration and the creative energy this provides, and we are dedicated to delivering excellence on every project we are involved with.
We’ve brought home the Oscar for ‘Best VFX’ for three out of the last four years. In total, we’ve been honoured with 4 Academy Award wins, 4 BAFTA Awards and 8 Visual Effects Society Awards for our visual effects work on shows like ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Ex Machina’, ‘Interstellar’, ‘Inception’ and ‘Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2’.Role Summary
Be part of the future of storytelling with DNEG an industry leader in postproduction Visual Effects as a Visual Effects Supervisor within our global portfolio of studios.
A VFX Supervisor at DNEG is responsible for ensuring all departments collaborate effectively to deliver the creative vision of the show and create the highest quality of work on time on budget and in a sustainable way. You’ll work directly with our clients, accountable for communicating their direction clearly and consistently to your in-house team, and presenting and selling work when requested. You’ll provide creative feedback to the artists, ensuring you are maintaining DNEG quality standards.
You will collaborate and be involved in all aspects of show delivery from hiring new artists and approving shots in dailies to developing cross-site department workflows with Heads of Department. You will be the key point of contact with creative leads on the client/production side and collaborate and support the show producer.
As a creative leader, you’ll work closely with our team on look development of the sequences, providing artistic supervision throughout the production process.Responsibilities
- Partner, advise and collaborate with the show client to ensure the vision of the show is executed to the highest standard
- Lead and develop your team to execute the successful design and implementation of each shot and sequence
- Partner with the new business and bidding teams to ensure shows are accurately bid through assessment of shots and breakdowns
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the show producer and production teams to ensure an accurate production schedule is created, maintained and pro-actively updated
- Partner with R&D to ensure technical elements of the production are delivered successfully
- Lead dailies and review artist work to ensure shots and sequences are on schedule and delivered to the highest quality
Nice to Have
- Previous experience as a VFX Supervisor on major Film or TV projects
- Proven ability to communicate client direction to artists
- Extensive experience in Maya and Nuke
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to manage clients and build solid relationships
- Experience working with Clarisse and a broad understanding of all VFX pipeline disciplines
- Previous experience delivering larges scale projects for industry leading clients such as Marvel and Legendary
- Onset experience as a VFX Supervisor and overall VFX supervision experience
Please note. A local Talent Acquisition team member will review your application and discuss your location preferences with you during interview. This role is advertised as a global role and your location preference will be obtained during the application process.
- Commercially focused with strong client and internal stakeholder relationships
- Advanced negotiator with impeccable relationship management skills
- An effective people coach and strong leadership qualities
- Collaborative, creative and technical with strong organisational skills
- Composed and adaptable to change, with the ability to deal with ambiguity
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.