About Zoic Labs
Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization company focused on the intersection of data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies. Since 2002, we have developed software and virtual production tools for our sister company Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company with an emphasis on high-end computer graphics for film, television, gaming, and VR/AR experiences. We build proprietary products and platforms, and provide UI/UX design, agile software development, R&D, and consulting services for a diverse range of private companies, as well as the U.S. Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
We are currently looking for a CG Generalist experienced in creating photoreal assets for the visual effects or fashion industry. You will collaborate with other departments within the studio to create and complete assets as assigned. We are looking for an artist experienced in organic modeling, texturing, and lighting.Responsibilities
- Create digital assets from both cyber scans and photographic reference that meets all production requirements
- Clean up / re-top models as needed
- Ability to work self-directed and also follow specific direction when given
- Work closely with other departments to ensure assets created work through the pipeline
- Implement best practices and anticipate potential problems
- Pro-active team member who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures
- Reel or portfolio demonstrating wireframes, uv layouts and/or texture maps
- Proficiency in Maya and ZBrush or Mari
- Proficiency in CLO3d and/or Marvelous Designer
- Experience with V-Ray for lighting and rendering
- Good retopologizing and UV skills
- Experience creating high resolution hard surface and organic models
- Experience with Substance painter a plus!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
*Please provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates production experience with modeling and/or texturing
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Must be able to work onsite at Los Angeles location. We also have the best homemade guacamole in Culver City.