The Integrated Advertising Division in London are looking for a Lead/Senior Compositor for a high-end TV Series. The position starts as soon as possible, and will run through till mid-December with potential for extension.
Compositors seamlessly integrate all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements. Compositors work closely with Visual Effects Supervisors and CG Supervisors to composite the numerous elements that complete visual-effects shots.
· Working in collaboration with the Head of 2D and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
· Giving briefs and direction to the team with the aid of the VFX Supervisors in order to ensure the appropriate execution of shots
· Training and mentoring of more junior artists
· Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to high-end visual effects tv/film standard
· Meeting schedules and show deadlines
· Ongoing communication with Production and the team regarding schedules and deadlines
· Taking responsibility for the teams' workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
· Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
· Working with a good knowledge of colour space principles
· An excellent working knowledge of and production experience with Nuke
· A familiarity with stereo compositing and working with multiple render passes
· Previous experience leading or mentoring a team
· Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
· A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
· A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
· The ability to multitask, prioritise and problem solve
· An understanding of colour space principles
· A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
· Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
· Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
· Programming and coding experience and knowledge
· Experience working on episodic/long form projects.
· On-set experience.