With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in Vancouver, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
The CG Supervisor works closely with the VFX Supervisor to identify potential strategies, assess technical options and evaluate production schedules. Participates as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of Pre and Post Production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the VFX Supervisor, Leads and Heads of Departments to define the creative and technical approach for the show
- Identify areas of R&D required for the show
- Work with Production to manage the day to day running of the team
- Work with Production to evaluate artist schedules ensuring they are realistic and achievable
- Attend desk rounds with all members of the team on a regular basis
- Attend dailies sessions with the team to give feedback/approvals
- Meet with the Leads on the show on a regular basis to identify inefficiencies or technical problems with the toolset and pipeline, and put in place a plan of action to resolve such issues
- Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within MPC's pipeline where possible
- A minimum of 4 years of CG leadership experience using Maya and Renderman on live-action commercial or feature film productions
- Strong working knowledge of 3D software packages and pipelines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- An experienced and honed creative eye
- Knowledge of the entire production process, including stage shooting is preferred
- Ability to successfully delegate, mentor and manage people and projects
- Ability to understand client approval process
- Must have a sense of strong team dynamics and a positive morale generating style
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.