At DreamWorks Animation Television our Storyboard Trainees gain hands on experience on a Television production while learning from award winning Directors. Trainees are mentored by Directors and Storyboard Artists and are exposed to a comprehensive curriculum taught by industry and studio professionals. The Storyboard Trainee Program is 12 weeks long and is a full-time opportunity.
In addition to learning and growing through mentorship and classes, Storyboard Trainees are responsible for storyboard cleanup and revisions on a Television show in production. The Storyboard Trainees will be part of a story team implementing notes to existing thumbnails, rough drawings and finished panels in order to ensure that the storyboards hit the creative goals of the series.
The Storyboard Trainee Program is covered by the Animation Guild.
- Responsible for ensuring that storyboards align with creative ambitions, vision, and style for each episode
- Work closely with the Director(s) to discuss the objectives of the storyboard revisions: ask questions, clarify notes, and ensure storyboard revisions are completed per the feedback provided
- Ensure deadlines are consistently met and communicate progress of work to supervisors and to appropriate production staff
- Attend classes within the Storyboard Trainee curriculum
- Complete program assignments and projects
● Completion of an art program, or recent graduate with an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree from a College/University (or equivalent)
● Less than two years of work experience in the animation industry
● Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
● Ability to communicate effectively
How to Apply:
•The trainee program is from June 17th to September 6th
•Please submit a resume that includes a short bio or summary
•Please submit an online portfolio and/or digital portfolio (PDF) in order to be considered for the Storyboard Trainee Program
•An ideal portfolio will contain strong storyboard samples (the samples can be personal projects, academic projects, or professional projects)
•Please include your story thought process through: sketches, character poses, facial expressions, designs, etc.
•Deadline to apply is Friday, April 19th
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.