Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Partner with the Visual Effects Supervisor to lead crew in fulfilling the Client’s vision -- on time and on budget, while maintaining highest quality of work.
Responsible for: budget and schedule, in collaboration with ILM Management; and for managing overall Client relationship.
- Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards for a specific project.
- Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the effects work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
- Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
- During production, serve as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure client is updated as needed.
- Create, organize, and maintain overall project schedule.
- Manage crew performance. Supervise assigned production staff.
- Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
- Evaluate EFC and work with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate EFC reporting.
- Participate and oversee work on-set as required.
- Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
- Share responsibility for the success of the entire ILM portfolio by proactively managing schedule; utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners, where appropriate.
Additional Notes :
- The role may require weekend work depending on show schedules
- The role may also require:
- travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots
- work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Five years work experience in production management to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres.
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.