Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general Supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Expected to ‘mentor’ entry level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in traditional animation or computer animation
Required Skills / Competencies
- Proven experience working in Computer Animation, Stop-Motion or CEL with experience working on feature films or episodic television.
- Demonstrable knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while displaying exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references
- Significant experience delivering VFX Animation performances as a Mid-Level Animator
Required Technical Skills / Competencies
- Working knowledge of Maya and other VFX related software programs. Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting a plus.
- Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
- Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and production processes.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.