3D Senior Animation Artist
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legends of Tommorrow, Arrow and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
The 3D Animator reports to the Animation Supervisor. Responsibilities:
- Realistic creature, character and physics-based hard body animation
- Ensuring animation meets production deadlines and quality standards
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures
- Work within assigned hours and deadlines.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience animating with an emphasis in MAYA
- Senior level experience animating creatures, characters, quadrupeds and hard body (vehicles, planes, robots, etc.)
- Senior level experience with realistic character performance & facial animation
- Senior level knowledge of real world physics and anatomy as it pertains to animation
- Past experience within a VFX Pipeline (live action)
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Positive attitude
- Open to receiving constructive feedback
- Experience working in a high pace environment
- Must showcase up-to-date reel demonstrating 3D animation ability as outlined