With offices all over the globe, the Moving Picture Company (MPC) is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries.
Our status as a world-class visual effects facility has been achieved through the development of industry-leading software, which empowers our artists to create stunning visual effects. MPC has a rich history of technical innovation. We recognise that it’s the partnership of leading creativity and technology that delivers spectacular results. We are committed to technology in service of creativity and are constantly exploring new approaches to deliver higher quality. We have a talented team and many of the leading technologists in the industry started their careers at MPC.
Developing new visual effects techniques and creating cutting edge productivity tools is vital to MPC’s continued success.This is the responsibility of the Software Technology team, where MPC seeks to appoint a UI/UX designer. Qualified candidates will be designing world-class intuitive, attractive, and innovative user interfaces resulting in a class-leading degree of usability.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious UX designer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
- Research latest UI technologies, concepts and best practices and provide recommendations to the management team.
- Rapidly prototype new ideas to present examples to both developers and artists.
- Research common workflows of users in production and develop interface solutions to optimize their tasks.
- Formalize Human Interface Guide as reference literature for all application development, both web and Qt based.
- Work with multiple sites on a consistent, locally adaptable design guideline to address location specific differences.
- Create and organize art assets like UI kits, icons and PR initiatives.
- Brand and create beautiful UI designs for our internal products.
Would be nice to have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Factors, HCI, cognitive science, graphic design or equivalent.
- 3+ years of UI design and interactive work.
- Must provide a solid and consistent body of relevant illustration and graphic design work.
- Knowledge of web standards & usability best practices.
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details.
- Understanding of user-centered design process and proven interaction design abilities.
- Creativity to invent new solutions to complex design problems
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Suite softwares.
- Experience designing desktop software applications.
- Familiarity with 3D software (ex: Maya / Cinema 4D / ZBrush) applications.
- Knowledge of VFX or media production processes.
- VR app design experience.