With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
With the growth of the Montrealteam, there is a need for a technical support role to help the departments increase and maintain efficiency.Job Description
The main function of the role is to help move work through the pipeline, by identifying workflow deficiencies and failures. Work with artists and leads to troubleshoot and fix any issues, as well as suggesting new ideas/strategies to help make the team more efficient.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Write new python scripts / tools
- Examine existing mel / python tools and fix any issues
- Point of contact for hub publishing and tractor job queue problems
- Liaise with Software department
- Communicate with seniortools developer in London, and work together to discuss shared approaches, etc.
- Stay up to date on latest software and workflow developments and regularly inform local department
- Manage Montreal installations of new tools, environment versions in conjunction with Software department.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
- Strong technical understanding of Maya
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Some experience of programming
- Self starter, able to analyze artist workflow and proactively suggest new ideas, approaches, enhancements
- Interest and some experience with rigging and animation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for VFX
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.