Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
MAYA PIPELINE DEVELOPER [SENIOR]JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to Pipeline Leadership, the Maya Pipeline Developer identifies and solves complex VFX Pipeline challenges for tools, plug-ins, pipeline and workflow. The Maya Pipeline Developer’s perspective is high level and forward looking. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, partner and implement new and improved technologies the Maya Pipeline Developer has advanced skills with Maya, Python and C++ required for research, development and mentoring others.RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Identify and solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of the tools, plug-ins, pipeline and overall workflow development
- Gather requirements across large collaboration efforts that span multiple departments and/or disciplines
- Leverage current technology research and development trends to innovate and advance Scanline’s technologies
- Design, build, and implement pro-types; Debug and QA using common testing platforms with stakeholders
- Maintain and support created tools; fine-tune and troubleshoot as needed
- Write Technical Briefs and documentation
- Partner with Pipeline Management team to identify and schedule tasks
- Define, communicate and enforce coding standards across teams and projects
- Mentor other pipeline team members; advise, guide and grow others
- BA in Computer Science, or similar discipline (required)
- 5+ years’ experience in VFX, Gaming or other professional Maya software development
- Demonstrated advanced work experience with Maya, C/C++ and Python
- Experience with runtime rendering APIs, like DirectX or OpenGL (preferred)
- Experience with user interface design in QT/PyQT
- Experience with Maya API
- Experience working with pipelines in Windows
- Experience with meshes, transforms, joints and dynamic simulations
- Understanding of scheduling, task estimates and capacity planning
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
+Dental InsuranceHOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself, why are you applying for the position and what makes you the ideal candidate.