Modelers are depended upon to create complex models of the highest quality, including characters, environments, and props in a variety of styles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design fundamentals/principles.
- Prepare and install technically clean models for production.
- Demonstrate versatility in their ability to create a wide range of models, from hard-surfaced to organic shapes.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic Unix commands/navigation, and be adaptable to new software and techniques.
- Create models that align with artistic design/style of film; interpret art reference/art direction.
- Troubleshoot technical and creative problems, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in various modeling approaches and apply tools effectively and creatively to models.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of common design components that make aesthetically pleasing models, i.e. balance, composition, shape , rhythm, etc.
• Strong knowledge in 3D modeling software, such as Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, etc.
• Experience in modeling characters and environments.
• Understands technical requirements of models for pipeline use.
• Good people skills, and the ability to collaborate with both supervisors and peers.
• 2+ years of industry related experience.
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.