Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
DIGITAL PRODUCTION MANAGERJOB SUMMARY
The Digital Production Manager (DPM) reports to the VFX Producer and oversees the day-to-day operations of projects, people and processes. Partnering with the VFX Producer, Technical + Art Directors and Supervisors, the DPM creates milestones and manages scope in order to deliver the show on schedule and budget.RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Manages and oversees projects, people and processes to deliver shows in time and on budget
- Works with stakeholders to determine milestones, deliverables and scope of show/project and maximize efficiences in the production line and overall studio/facility
- Partners with VFX Coordinators to create detailed plans to break down tasks for the team and ensure the schedule of work is on track
- Coordinates with I/O Coordinators and Editors to oversee render queue prioritization; ensures effectiveness and adherence to show schedules
- Delivers ongoing clear goals and deadlines for sequences and processes to the team and studio
- 3+ years VFX experience in a similar position; major feature films, commercial or episodic experience (plus), outsourcing experience (preferred)
- Shotgun or other production management/database software expertise
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (required)
- Experience building facility VFX pipelines with a strong understanding of VFX software packages; interest in and understanding of technological advancements within the industry
- Organized and methodical approach to work
- Clear in planning tasks and deliverables with artists, supervisors and clients
- Works well under pressure and when working with tight deadlines
+Dental Insurance HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.