Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
COMPOSITOR [SENIOR]JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Composting Supervisor, the Compositing artist harmonizes all layers and elements to create the final and complete shot for live action feature films. Working primarily in Nuke, the Compositing artist is responsible for continuity and understanding the full CG process.RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Responsible for creating high quality digital composites and visual effects for live action feature films; seamlessly integrate the various layers of a shot
- Establishes looks and/or follow set style direction
- Understands and follows production guidelines; solves design and/or effect challenges for key visual effects shots as needed
- Receives and implements feedback quickly and effectively
- Collaborates with other compositors to ensure shots are delivered to highest standard and on schedule
- Mentor and advise junior compositors; share knowledge and techniques
- Escalates issues as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- 5+ years live action feature film composting experience (nb: not stereo compositing)
- Intermediate to Advanced Nuke Skills
- Excellent knowledge of composting workflow; directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies etc.
- Eye for detail, colour matching, light and ability to QA own work
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take direction positively
- Traditional art back ground an asset
- Script writing skills an asset
+Dental Insurance HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.