Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization company focused on the intersection of big data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies.
Since 2002, we have developed software and virtual production tools for Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company with emphasis on high-end computer graphics for film, television, and gaming.Program/Project Manager
The Project Manager will convert the Leadership Team’s vision into technical initiatives that deliver world-class innovative solutions. This individual will organize and coordinate work that is focused on software development, data visualization, UI/UX design, and VR/AR/MR. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be self-directed, while collaborating closely with a very diverse team.Responsibilities:
- Manage a variety of work which may include more than one concurrent project involving diverse and complex technical issues and creative content.
- Communicate progress on projects and related tasks regularly to ensure stakeholder awareness, internally and externally.
- Ensure conformance with customer program requirements, including technical tasks, schedules, costs, reporting, and facility/infrastructure compliance.
- Manage the agile process as Scrum Master ensuring Jira accurately represents project health.
- Ensure on-time, high quality delivery of all projects.
- Assist in developing and orchestrating demonstrations and presentations.
- Build strong and productive relationships across the organization and with remote customers.
- Collaboratively plan budgets, manage project spending and invoicing, provide explanations for budget status as needed in real-time, and anticipate budget issues in time to act.
- Identify need for talent acquisition and work with appropriate company resources to drive the recruitment of suitable candidates.
- Anticipate all needs for meetings such as conference rooms, teleconferencing arrangements, travel details, catering, meeting notices, attendee confirmations, materials and presentations.
Desirable Qualifications (not required):
- Must have experience delivering multiple projects end-to-end with small to medium sized cross functional teams.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience), with 3-5 years of experience managing software feature development from concept to an executable set of designs, requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Project management experience involving one or more of the following communities: Aerospace, DoD, Intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical subjects quickly, communicate effectively, and appreciate technical subtleties.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in an ambiguous environment with flexible infrastructure and process, with a positive attitude.
- Knowledgeable of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), North American Classification System (NAICS), and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Security clearance
NOTE: This is a position on-site in our Culver City. This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
*We also have the best homemade guacamole served in Culver City