DreamWorks Animation Television is seeking a Prop Designer with a diverse set of skills to join our team on an unannounced 2D - action-adventure show. Under the guidance of the Art Director, the prop designer generates prop designs, turnarounds, special poses and any other prop-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met. The Prop Designer ensures that all deliverables align with the production’s schedule, technical specifications, and creative vision of the series.
This exciting new opportunity is based in Glendale, California and is covered by the Animation Guild. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review script/animatic/breakdown list for props needed at handout of show
- Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines
- Resolve design problems with creative supervisors
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time
- Be available for questions until department’s shipment is complete
- Assist with special projects
- If applicable, make special shadow and color indications
● Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show
● Strong prop design and construction/mechanical skills
● Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware
● Strong time-management skills
● Work well under pressure
● Ability to multitask a plus
● Relevant drawing experience necessary
● BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.