Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Sr. Game Systems Designer for WB Games San Francisco, a mobile gaming studio. The position is based in San Francisco. You will be tasked to help bring WB’s iconic properties from movies, television and comics to mobile gaming.
What part will you play?
As a Sr. Systems Designer, you will design compelling game systems, mechanics and content and work with a team of engineers, artists, UX designers, producers and product managers to see their implementation. Cooperation, collaboration and creativity are key in this role.
- Work with the Lead Designer to develop game systems and mechanics appropriate to a game’s IP and creative vision.
- Create game design documents that communicate concepts and define requirements to other team members across different disciplines.
- Balance game mechanics for a free-to-play mobile RPG game.
- Tune and maintain economy in a live free-to-play game.
What do we require from you?
- University degree or equivalent work experience.
- Background in game design, computer science or equivalent a plus.
- 5 – 7 years experience making successful games, especially mobile or social
- Deep understanding of the mobile/social market.
- Familiarity with Unity preferred.
- Scripting skills a plus.
- Strong math and analytic skills.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and familiarity with Excel or equivalent.
- Good writing and design documentation skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills and familiarity with Powerpoint or equivalent presentation software.
- Narrative writing skill a plus.
- UI design skills a plus.