Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games seeks an Associate Product Manager for its San Francisco Studio, for an exciting mobile game based on a key Warner Bros franchise.
What part will you play?
The APM works closely with an internal team under the supervision of a Senior Product Manager to define, launch, analyze, and maintain a free-to-play mobile games. The ideal candidate for this role has worked with internal teams defining business goals and translating goals into business requirements and/or design specifications.
Specifically, the APM will be extremely detail oriented, with a strong product orientation and an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving both product-level and business decisions in conjunction with Product Management leadership.
- Provides detailed insights to development team/Product management leadership to directly influence the on-going development of a live title.
- Provides hypothesis-driven analysis of incoming game data.
- Calculates expected outcome of proposed new features.
- Prioritizes backlog/roadmap recommendations where appropriate.
- Directly utilizes multiple tools/dashboards to monitor performance of A/B tests, price changes, cross-promotion programs etc., as well as conduct specific analyses and drive product and live management decisions based on insights.
- Executes with high precision and excellence, projects and tasks to ensure best in class title launches including but not limited to:
- Creation of consumer facing campaigns; IAM, Push Notifications, Local Notifications, News feed etc.
- Creation of reports, dashboards and Management information.
- Cross discipline liaison with Customer Service & Community teams.
- Responsible for working directly with Game designers, UX/UI designers and production to give insight and product oversight on in-development features.
What do we require from you?
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience and success.
- Minimum 1 year experience in product management, analyst, marketing analyst or related role.
- Strong familiarity with iOS and Android free to play games marketplaces, trends and best practices.
- Passion for gaming, mobile and games-as-a-service.
- Level of familiarity with higher order mathematics and statistical analysis greatly advantageous.
- Ability to think scientifically and dispassionately about hypotheses related to the performance of the product, formulate plans and tests, resolve experiments, and improve metrics.
- Understanding of mobile games and mobile game market.
- Strong knowledge of free-to-play monetization strategies.
- Very comfortable managing KPIs through analytics for live, long term engagement games.
- Skilled in MS Powerpoint, Word and Excel – Swrve, Braze, Unity, Looker, Sensor Tower/App Annie, Tableau, Big Query advantageous.
- Experience with Hansoft, Jira or another production management tool preferable.
- A deep love of Warner Bros IP!
- Flexibility to travel to Warner Bros. studios as required.
- Attendance at industry conferences as required.