Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Staff Software Engineer, Graphics for the WBG San Francisco Engineering department.
What part will you play?
As a Staff Rendering Engineer, you will work closely with the Art, Design and Engineering teams to establish a vision for our “next gen” rendering pipeline for our mobile games. This will include designing the pipeline as well as writing shaders to allow for outstanding visuals. This pipeline will power our next generation of mobile games from WBSF, and will scale across different device capabilities.
- Design and Develop a rendering pipeline.
- Write and optimize shaders.
- Rendering performance optimization.
- Requirements Gathering / Documentation.
- Assess middleware and 3rd party solutions.
- Review the work of other Graphics Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 7 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms. Unity development experience required.
- Experience working with the OpenGL ES 2 / 3 API’s.
- Experience working with Metal 1 and 2 API’s.
- Excellent C# programming skills.
- Expert Knowledge of HLSL and / or GLSL.
- Knowledge of ShaderLab a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Unity.
- Experience with Unity’s SRP a plus.
- Very strong knowledge on how to optimize 3D rendering to reach best possible FPS on a mobile platform.
- Expert knowledge of Tile Based Rendering.
- Extensive experience with animation systems.
- Extensive experience writing and optimizing shaders and graphical effects.
- Experience setting up pipelines and workflows for efficient content creation.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Experience working under well defined and constrained performance budgets.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to assist others in their work.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with non technical people.
- Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
- Passion for making games.