Method Studios is currently in search of a Technical Director.
The focus of this role is in the VFX live-action pipeline.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support and enhance existing in-house tools and frameworks.
- Develop tools using third party and open-source software.
- Extend and integrate asset tracking frameworks and artist tools.
- Communicate with show supervisors regarding show requests.
- Develop a complete understanding of artist workflows.
- Provide guidance and support to ATDs.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Strong knowledge of Python.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting.
- Good Experience with Maya and Nuke APIs.
- Good understanding of VFX colour workflows.
- Ability to problem solve unsupervised and recommend technical solutions.
- Ability to learn new technologies as required.
- Willingness to learn existing in-house frameworks
- Positive can-do attitude and an ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Experience and Education
Absolute requisite is:
- At least 5+ years industry experience in a similar role.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in a related technology discipline.
In addition, experience of any of the following is highly desirable:
- VFX Post Production for Feature Films - processes, techniques, technologies and software.
- Supporting and developing tools for:
- Asset tracking
- Character/crowd pipeline
- QuickTime generation
- Familiarity with the APIs and use of:
- Arnold, V-Ray
- Programming experience in C++
- Familiarity with developing on OS X platform
- SQL and NoSQL databases