Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.We do not currently have openings available for the position of Environment Generalist, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
Environment Generalist TD s at DNEG are passionate about problem solving and collaboration. In joining our dynamic team of multi-talented artists, you will be able to utilise and develop your diverse skill set. Our artists develo p efficient methodologies and workflows for producing cutting-edge environments on the highest calibre feature film projects .
Environment Generalist TD s should have a r ange of skills in 3D and 2.5D.
Y our work may include modelling, texturing, look development, lighting, and re-projection , and requires you to make smart creative and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis. Must-Have
Nice to Have
- Experience modelling, texturing, layout, lighting and digital matte painting for high-end broadcast or feature film projects
- Thorough understanding of 3D and 2.5D VFX processes and production pipelines
- St rong working knowledge of a range of VFX industry software
- Good understanding of compositing
- Experience working with shoot data including photographic and reference data, HDRIs, photogrammetry , and Lidar
- Proven experience developing photo-real environments
- Experience with procedural city generation and scattering tools an advantage
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the natural world (geology, geography, and meteorology) and architecture (design and engineering)
- Knowledge of Clarisse
- Knowledge of Maya, Mari, Nuke
- Passionate about film
- Creative problem solver with keen attention to detail
- Good collaborator and communicator
- Pro-active and self-directed, organised
- Able to take direction
- Able to deliver under pressure
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.