Description Currently Hiring!
Working closely with our Compositing team, Prep Artist at DNEG use a variety of paint techniques to seamlessly prepare plates for them to use for their shots. Depending on show requirements the work will vary from removing rigs and wires using Nuke or other frame-by-frame painting software to de-graining and re-graining paintwork before it leaves the department.
Our Prep Artists have a solid understanding of Nuke’s 3D environment to project clean plates and how to use UV projections. They will also be called upon to dustbust plates and scratch removal.
- Previous experience working in a VFX studio
- A working knowledge of Nuke.
- A knowledge and interest in photograph and digital manipulation is helpful
- Critical eye for detail
- Artistic talent with a knowledge of composition and colour
Nice to Have
- Experience using Silhouette
- Willingness to learn new techniques
- Ability to work under pressure amongst a large team
- Can take direction and feedback well from Compositors and Supervisors
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.