Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.We do not currently have openings available for the position of CG Lighting Supervisor, however, we are accepting speculative applications.If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
CG Lighting Supervisors work under the direction of the VFX or DFX Supervisor and are responsible for establishing high quality photorealistic and efficient lighting for our shows that are in line with the director’s creative vision.
Collaboration is central to DNEG's success and it’s essential our Supervisors lead and mentor artists on a show. You ensure communication flows through your team, offering creative and technical leadership, support and feedback. You’ll collaborate with other department supervisors and related pipeline teams to maximise render efficiency and streamline scene assembly. You’ll be the point of contact for all queries from our production team, working together to assign shots and tasks to the appropriate artist.
CG Lighting Supervisors also contribute to the overall development of our pipeline, assisting our Head of Lighting with the implementation of new processes that improve the operational efficiency for the department.Must Have
Nice to Have
- Minimum 6+ years of high-end feature film VFX experience
- Proven team supervision experience
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of 3D VFX processes and production pipelines
- Strong knowledge in physical based rendering - shading and lighting
- Strong knowledge in render efficiency
- Experience with handling and assembling complex scenes efficiently
- Demonstrates strong skill-set in troubleshooting pipeline issues
- Good understanding of compositing
- Strong artistic eye and understanding of colour, lighting and image analysis
- Extensive experience using 3D software – ideally Clarisse, Houdini or Katana and Nuke
- Extensive experience in modern path tracers like Clarisse, Arnold, Prman (19+), Vray or other
- Experience meeting deadlines while retaining a high quality of work
- Production experience using Clarisse
- Onset data capturing experience (HDRIs)
- Look development experience
- Passionate about film and lighting
- Keen eye for composition and colour
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team leader, approachable and personable
- A collaborator and clear communicator
- Technically adapt with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.