Matte Painters at Double Negative create photo-realistic matte paintings that are to be used as an element to either embellish or replace live action footage.
You will be adept with in working with varied media, including live action footage, still photography, rendered CG elements, and digital painting to create believable environments on high end VFX feature films.
- 3+ years of high-end feature film VFX experience
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including colour space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management
- A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of digital environments
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour
- Working knowledge of the basic principles of 3D texture projections in Maya
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional aptitude for time management in relation to bringing multiple priorities and tasks to completion within a set deadline
Nice to Have
- Experience in matte painting for television
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A tea m player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- A team leader, approachable and personable , with strong motivational qualities
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.